Photography

gcse photography copy

By studying photography you will open yourself to one of the most expressive and thought provoking mediums that is available. Photographers can provide a view of the world that we had not thought existed, they can challenge our preconceptions and break stereotypes. Potential students would benefit from owning their own camera, this does not need to be an expensive model but having manual controls would be an advantage. What is more important is your enthusiasm for life and the world we live in. As part of the course you be expected to share your view of how we live our lives and explore the environment around us. The course is examined through coursework assignments that are set for you, which count for 60%. The remaining 40 % is through an examination piece, the title of this is chosen form a list provided by the examination board.

 

Further work by students can be seen on Flickr @ http://www.flickr.com/groups/bainesphotography/