Catering

creativedesign-4

In an ever changing world with a great focus on health, more and more people are turning towards food and nutrition to help them improve their health and well- being. Experts in this field are in great demand. The course also provides an excellent foundation for students who want to carry on and work within the leisure or sport’s industry, as well commercial catering. The pupils are given the opportunity to plan a prepare a range of meals, as well working with outside speakers. They are also encouraged to enter a range of competitions with other local schools.

 

 

The course is examined through a controlled assignment and two practical examinations, where pupils must plan and prepare different meals, which count for 60%. The remaining 40 % is through an examination paper.

 

Further work by students can be seen on Flickr @ http://www.flickr.com/groups/bainescreativedesign/