The tutor guides students through their time at the Sixth Form providing them with one to one support as well as small group tutorial sessions. Tutors and class teacher’s work together, to monitor student progress, setting targets and monitoring achievements:
Each student is allocated to a small tutor group and assigned a personal tutor.
- Deliver the pastoral programme to both Year 12 & Year 13.
- Provide advice and guidance on careers and Higher Education applications.
- Write UCAS and employer references.
- Keep accurate and appropriate records on student performance
- Regularly communicate with parents and teachers and to foster good relationships with students and parents.
- Monitor all progress and attainment made by students, regularly reviewing and discussing any issues that may arise.
- Create a range of intervention strategies that will be implemented for under- performing students.